Join our team ! We have the following position to fill (volunteer position):
(co-)Head of Public Relations (f/m)
The Mannheim Business Angels network e.V. is a not-for-profit alumni-based Business Angels network. As Business Angels, we invest seed-capital into startup-companies, help with expertise and provide access to our network.
We are currently looking for a (co-)Head of Public Relations (f/m) (Volunteer).
– initiating and managing relations to the media incl. journalists
– writing press releases about new transactions, cooperations etc.
– motivating the media to report about our activities, either by informing readers about events from us or to publish articles/interviews about/with us
– two types of print-&web media are targeted, first media that is read by either startups or relevant multipliers such as accelerators/incubators/company builders and second media that is read by either potential new members (Business Angels) or potential co-investors (venture capital investors, crowdinvesting platforms etc.) but also sector-specific journals in CleanTech, BioTech, impact investing etc. In addition local media in Mannheim and other locations where we have local chapters (Paris, London, Berlin etc.) will be covered, too
– TV-media could later on also be targeted (e.g. for interviews on business oriented TV-formats)
– this volunteer position requires on average between 3-5h a week and can be done location-independent via internet
– previous experience in Public Relations, Journalism or Relationship Management a plus
– previous experience in venture capital, private equity, angel investing a plus
– previous experience as a volunteer / in a registered association a plus
– entrepreneurial mindset
– “Can do” attitude
What we offer you
The opportunity to be involved with Germany´s first alumni-based business angel network. Working together with a broad range of media, from small blogs to global newspapers. The opportunity to be in contact with interesting startups working on the latest and most innovative technologies and/or disruptive social/environmental innovations.
If you are interested in this position or want to hear more about it, then please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hear from you!